Legal Terms of our yacht charters
- Booking/Reservation: This confirmation automatically initiates the terms below which are published in our charter party and our website sheet and on our website. Your Charter Party/Contract is with Yachtsailing.gr. By signing this document it means you have read and accepted these booking conditions. The crew leader, hereinafter referred to as the “Charterer”, will be responsible for the full cost of the vacation including any insurance premiums, cancellation or amendment charges. A contract exists as soon as Yachtsailing.gr issue your charter contract. You should check the details of your contract carefully to ensure that it accurately reflects the booking and costing you have requested and immediately inform us of any discrepancies. Yachtsailing.gr may delegate the performance of any part of this agreement to its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents who, hereinafter, shall be referred to collectively as “Yachtsailing.gr”.
- PAYMENT TERMS: 50% of charter fee is due upon booking. The outstanding balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- CANCELLATION TERMS: Any change in dates, destination or yacht type is a cancellation.
We recommend trip cancellation insurance.
Single Charter -Cancellations received 180 days or more are refundable. Cancellations received between 180 days and 60 days are not refundable unless the yacht can rebooked and are subject to a fee. Cancellations inside of 60 days are non-refundable.
Group Charter - Charters cancelled more than 180 days (6 months) prior to the charter start date will be charged a Euro 500.00 cancellation fee. Charters cancelled within 180 days (6 months) prior tothe charter start date will be charged 100% of deposited monies.
- DELIVERY:Yachtsailing.gr will deliver the Yacht, to the start port on the specified start date in full commission and ready for service. Should the specified Yacht not be available, Yachtsailing.gr reserves the right to substitute a similar Yacht with an equal or greater number of cabins. The Charterer must examine the Yacht prior to departure to determine whether the vessel and dinghy are in good working order, are properly outfitted with all standard safety equipment, accessories, and utensils, as wellas any other requested items (Inventory). Acceptance by the Charterer certifies that the obligations of Yachtsailing Group of companies for delivery have been fulfilled. If Yachtsailing Group is unable to deliver the Yacht or a
substitute within 24 hours of the delivery time specified, the Charterer may cancel this agreement and the total fee paid to Yachtsailing.gr will be refunded. Should the Charterer not be present or not ready
to accept delivery of the Yacht for whatever reason at the specified time and place, Yachtsailing.gr Group reserves the right to reset the time of delivery within a 24 hour period thereafter.
- ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, DEATH & INJURY:Yachtsailing.gr Group strictly prohibits the use or consumption of illegal drugs on its Yachts or at its facilities. The consumption of alcohol or drugs may increase the risk of injury around water and boats and the Charterer and their passengers accept that
risk. Yachtsailing.gr Group shall be held harmless from any and all claims or liability for property damage, personal injury or death arising from or related to, directly or indirectly, the use or consumption of alcohol or drugs, even if the property damage, personal injury or death is caused in whole or in part by
the negligence of Yachtsailing.gr Group. This shall in no way limit or diminish Yachtsailing.gr Group’s accountability for its negligence where the property damage, personal injury or death does not arise from or relate to,
directly or indirectly, the use or consumption of alcohol or drugs.
- SKIN DIVING & SWIMMING:Yachtsailing.gr Group, the Yacht owner and the insurance underwriters shall not be held liable for accidents, injuries or death due to swimming, windsurfing, kayaking or the
use of snorkels, masks or allied equipment such as scuba equipment and sailboards.
- RUNNING EXPENSES: The Charterer agrees to pay any additional running expenses during the term of the charter, which have not been prepaid as part of the charter package. Such additional running expenses may include, but are not limited to, food and other consumable stores, fuel, pilotage,
mooring and docking fees, port charges, cruising taxes and park permits, customs and provisions, and supplies for the Charterer and their party.
- EQUIPMENT AND YACHT INSURANCE COVER: Our insurance policy provides comprehensive and adequate cover for the equipment and yachts for your skipper and crew. The Company cannot be held
responsible for any loss which you may suffer as a result of the insurers refusing cover, including without limitation, which is as a result of you providing incorrect information, such as previous sailing experience, when requested, or due to your negligence, deliberate default or willful misconduct. Should damage or loss to yachts and equipment be caused as a result of not obeying the Company’s instructions, youwill be liable for the full amount of repair or replacement and any resulting costs. Adults will at all times be
responsible for minors in their charge. The Company agrees to insure and keep insured the yacht against public liability and marine public liability to such an extent as the Company in its absolute sole discretion shall deem appropriate. Such insurance policy does not cover loss of life (except that caused
through the negligence of the Company), or damage to or loss of property of any person on board against which you must insure prior to the charter. Advice about such insurance is available from the Company on request.
- REDELIVERY: The Charterer shall surrender the Yacht at the expiration of the charter at the release port specified, free and clear of any indebtedness and liens whatsoever, and in condition and clean state as when delivered (fair wear and tear from ordinary use excepted), and having properly cleared customs. The Charterer is responsible for allowing sufficient time for unforeseen
contingencies to permit the return of the Yacht at the stated time. Should the Charterer not make redelivery of the Yacht at the time and place herein before stipulated for any cause, other than that occasioned by an occurrence beyond the Charterer’s control, the Charterer shall pay a charter fee pro rata for the time that such delivery is delayed plus any losses that Yachtsailing.gr Group or the Yacht owner may sustain due to the delayed delivery. The Charterer shall surrender the vessel’s equipment in as good a condition as delivered, fair wear and tear excepted. If the Yacht requires unusual cleaning, Yachtsailing.gr Group may charge the Charterer accordingly.
- RESTRICTED USE: The Yacht shall be employed exclusively as a pleasure vessel for thesole and proper use of the Charterer, his or her family, guests, employees and agents, during the term of this charter and shall not transport merchandise or carry passengers for pay or engage in any trade, nor in any way violate the laws of Greece or of any other government within the jurisdiction of which the Yacht may be at the time and shall comply with the law in all other respects. The Charterer agrees to restrict the use of the Yacht to the “cruising area” defined in the base information sheet provided to him/her. Rafting to another vessel at anchor is strictly prohibited. Night sailing (between 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise) by the
Charterer is not permitted.
- NON ASSIGNMENT: The Charterer shall not assign this agreement or sub-charter the Yacht without the prior written consent of Yachtsailing.gr Group. Yachtsailing.gr Group may assign its rights to payments under the charter.
- COMPETENCY: The Charterer certifies that he/she is experienced and competent in the handling and operation of inboard auxiliary powered sailing craft of the general type and size as the Yacht herein chartered and that the Charterer has also had a sufficient practical knowledge of seamanship, piloting and Rules of the Road. The Charterer shall not delegate any of these duties
to any person not equally qualified. The Charterer agrees not to sail the Yacht single-handed and to ensure at all times a competent skipper and leading crew member are aboard except while safely moored. Yachtsailing.gr Group may in its sole discretion verify the Charterer’s or leading crew’s competency at the time of the charter. Should the Charterer or leading crew be deemed less
than fully competent by Yachtsailing.gr Group in it’s sole discretion, Yachtsailing.gr Group may provide for the Charterer, at the Charterer’s expense, a hired hand to assist the Charterer in achieving competency.
Should a hired hand be unavailable, Yachtsailing.gr Group may restrict the Charterer’s use of the Yacht to the charter party’s occupancy of the Yacht at Yachtsailing.gr‘s dock until a suitable hired hand has become available. The Charterer acknowledges that Yachtsailing.gr Group does not independently investigate the competency of any Charterer to sail, but relies solely and exclusively on the resumes provided. The Charterer further acknowledges that Yachtsailing.gr Group in it’s sole discretion may refuse to release a
Yacht for sailing but this exercise of discretion shall in no way be construed as an acknowledgment or determination of the competency for sailing of the Charterer’s crew or the assumption of any liability for loss or damages incurred as a result of sailing, for which the Charterer assumes sole
- TERMINATION OF VACATION & INDEMNITY: The Charterer accepts responsibility for the proper conduct of themselves and their crew. Yachtsailing.gr Group reserves the right in our absolute discretion to terminate, without further notice, the vacation arrangements for any Charterer
who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of Yachtsailing.gr Group and whose behavior orcompetence in Yachtsailing.gr Group’s opinion is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance
to their crew, other customers, staff, any third party or to the property. Upon such terminationYachtsailing.gr Group’s responsibility for the Charter’s vacation ceases and shall not be liable for any costs
incurred by the Charterer.
- CREW:Yachtsailing.gr Group shall provide a competent skipper/guide for the Charterer, if so requested in advance. Although the Charterer shall exercise control over the Yacht, the Charterer shall depend upon the skipper/guide for the safe navigation of the Yacht and shall abide by the judgments of the skipper/guide as to sailing, weather, anchorages and pertinent matters. The
Charterer shall not have the authority to discharge the skipper/guide without prior consent from Yachtsailing.gr Group.
- MISCELLANEOUS: It is understood that Yachtsailing.gr Group is acting for and on behalf of the owner of the Yacht. Neither Yachtsailing.gr Group nor the owner will be liable to any person for any loss, damage, injury, or death that results from the Charterer’s use of the Yacht. Yachtsailing.gr Group makes no representations other than those contained in this Contract, the current Yachtsailing.gr brochure and any written materials provided as part of the booking procedures. Yachtsailing.gr Group will not be responsible
for any fees, expenses, airline tickets, hotel rooms, food, phone calls, or other expenses incurred by the Charterer for any reason whatsoever. The Charterer will indemnify and hold Yachtsailing.gr Group and the owner of the Yacht harmless from and against any and all claims for loss or damage to
property or injury to persons (including loss of life) resulting from use, operation, or possession of the Yacht and related equipment or other Inventory by the Charterer or any crew, and from any claims whatsoever from loss or damage to personal property of the Charterer or any crew carried on the Yacht or dinghy. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Greece, with the exception of any admiralty or maritime claims which shall be construed under the maritime, admiralty laws of Greece as in effect. The venue for any proceedings hereunder shall lie